This is my quite well known defragmenter based on Microsoft/Sysinternals Contig core. They provide the core component, the heart of defragmentation process, i’ve provided the user interface for it. And so far users just love it. It’s not perfect but it’s close. Also a winner of 4 stars at SoftPedia.
Version 3.1 (2013-05-18):
– Fixed URL addresses in the GUI and program functions
– Simplified Contig download and setup (now almost fully automatic)
– Removed PowerMode(TM) because of compatibility problems with Windows Vista
– Introduced TriplePass(TM) mode replacing obsolete PowerMode(TM)*
– Added ability to defragment removable drives (mostly floppy and USB hard drives**)
– Fixed few glitches
– New Vista style graphics
* TripleMode(TM) runs Contig in 3 passes defragmenting any remaining fragmented files
** don’t use on USB flash and SSD drives as they are basically immune to the file fragmentation due to almost non existent access latency. Defragmenting flash devices also decreases their lifetime.