As a big Killing Floor game series fan, I was fiddling a lot with its engine and found out quite some really nice tweaks and settings as well as designed few of my own. Since fiddling with INI files isn’t always the easiest way, I’ve made a simple GUI driven tweaker for Killing Floor 2.
- Automatically detects Killing Floor 2 settings files. Fully portable!
- Control hidden graphics and performance settings
- Enhanced audio quality and performance settings
- Enhanced gore level selection with 6 presets ranging from no gore to insane 100x times the original gore
- Easy to use with descriptions and ability to restore tweaks to default settings in just few clicks. No more messed up INI settings!
- New “Total Settings Reset” (useful when things go really bad so you can reset ALL game settings to default)
- “Reset Settings” renamed to “Restore Defaults”
- Updated certain dialogs to better support the new “Total Settings Reset” feature
Total Settings Reset feature does NOT reset achievements or perk progress!
- Very High and Insane gore presets now only increase amount of corpses and gibs, but not blood. It looks better this way.
- Fixed Help arrangement for Texture Streaming Control panel
- Other misc text fixes
Due to gore presets changes, I recommend re-applying a desired gore preset to apply new changes from this build.
- Removed all graphics tweaks because Tripwire hard blocked them in game code
- Removed Post Process AA tweaks because Tripwire hard blocked them in game code
- Reset of graphic settings back to default is recommended within a game
Tripwire, why the hell did you block all this!? Self-Shadowing and MLAA wasn’t causing any problems!
- Adjusted high quality shadows setting
- Added High Quality Lighting setting
- Changed gore explanations a bit
- Advanced Soft Shadows renamed to PCF Shadows
- Added High Quality Bloom option
- Added High Quality Materials option
- Added High Quality Shadows option
- Added PostProcess AA settings and new MLAA anti-aliasing mode
- Added Conservative Shadow bounds option
- Several minor text fixes
- Renamed “Efficient Multi-Threading” to “Multi-Threading” and updated description for it.
- Added option to control mouse acceleration
- Added option to control mouse movement scaling
- Added Efficient Multi-Threading option
- Added tessellation optimization
- Few minor text fixes
- Option to disable intro videos
- New High Quality Reflections setting
- Added streaming of textures only setting
- Added permanent objects memory setting
- Added Minimum desired framerate option
- Further tweaked “Normal” gore preset
- Redesigned “Reset Settings” to only reset settings modified by the tweaker back to defaults
- Few minor text fixes
- Redesigned tweaks categories selection panel
- Re-arranged certain tweaks into their own category
- Added several advanced Texture Streaming settings
- Added Texture Streaming Memory tweak
- Added controls to quickly and easily reset game settings back to default
- Fixed Exit text on Gore Control page
- Other misc fixes
1.0 Initial release (2016-02-27)
- Controls for hidden graphics and audio performance settings
- Extended gore control with 6 predefined levels