Another day, another huge update for the Killing Floor 2 Tweaker. Spend nearly 2 days testing parameters for shadows and finally managed to figure out correct ones (darn you Only Stream-In Textures setting invalidating all other settings when disabled!). Long hours in the early morning paid off after all 😀
New features in version 2.1 (2018-02-08)
- Dramatically improved Ultra High Quality Shadows feature (smoother shadows edges, higher shadows resolution and higher shadows draw distance)
- Removed old “Smooth Framerate” setting under “Performance” section and replaced it with full separate controls for it
- Redesigned RESTORE DEFAULTS once again, making it faster to use and more granular on a single settings page
- RESTORE DEFAULTS doesn’t touch INI files that are not in any way manipulated by KF2 Tweaker (except RESET ALL option)
- Improved 3D Audio settings
- Updated settings descriptions
- Minor bug fixes
Recommended to reset “Engine Settings” and “Game System Settings” and re-apply tweaks again due to significant changes in KF2 Tweaker. Not doing so may leave certain tweaks unchanged “in the background” without controls to change them back.
Ultra High Quality Shadows showcase
When Ultra High Quality Shadows feature is enabled, Killing Floor 2 Tweaker sets shadows parameters beyond normal Ultra preset selectable within game settings, making shadow edges dramatically smoother, shadows are more detailed and are rendered significantly further away from player’s point of view. Not only that, distant lower quality shadows now have more details which makes transition between distant lower quality shadows and closer detailed shadows less visible. Performance difference in my tests on GTX 1080Ti are insignificant, but may affect lower end graphic cards slightly.