After long time, Need for Speed 3: NextGen patch has finally been released!
RejZoR and Evgeny Vrublevsky bring you the old epic racing classic from the late 90’s with latest Windows support, new enhanced graphics support, new visuals, new features, less restrictions and more fun!
- Proper full support for modern Windows operating systems, including latest Windows 10 in 32 and 64bit
- Fully portable, no more ties to the registry
- Full widescreen support with resolutions up to 4K (UHD) and beyond
- Enhanced Direct3D 6 mode with advanced fogging and lighting effects
- No Ferrari/Mercedes licensing restrictions in Hot Pursuit mode
- New 3DSETUP_NXG for easy rendering mode selection
- Ability to add and drive traffic cars (optional)
- DirectSound3D/EAX support via audio wrapper
- Easy to use patcher/installer
New dedicated NFS3: NextGen micro page:
You can also access NFS3: NextGen micro page directly through My Projects menu above.
Along with the Need for Speed series, I’ve been a huge fan of Re-Volt. It’s like Micro Machines, but in a more modern form with a 3rd person view from behind instead of top down view, amazing graphics even for current standards if you crank up the Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering, fun gameplay, awesome physics and absolutely adorable worlds to race on ranging from neighborhoods, supermarkets, museums, western themed tracks, on a ship in the middle of the ocean, abandoned mines etc. And if you get bored, there is also a Track Editor which allows you to make crazy tracks of your own to race on. So, here is my contribution to the fans of this old but incredible game.
Currently only tested on Windows 7 SP1 64bit, but should work on other modern Windows operating systems as well (including Windows 8). If you do try it on other versions, please let me know how it works 🙂
– original Re-Volt game (english retail version from 1999)
– Creative ALchemy or similar tool for EAX support under Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
1.0.1 (2013/07/03) – fixed missing shortcut icon and added more version info in the installer
1.0 (2013/07/02) – initial release (Fixed game crash on startup, fixed Track Editor)
In-game music doesn’t work (sound effects still work). It’s a common issue with games on modern operating systems where music is recorded as Audio CD. You can use media player to play the music in the background if you want, until i find the fix for this.