It has been a while since my last update. Have dropped a small update yesterday and decided to dig into Killing Floor 2 settings files again. And found quite few new gems. So many of them in fact that I’ve decided to skip few minor versions and release 2.0 because there are so many new things. A lot of them performance related, some of them visual quality related. I’ve also entirely redesigned the “Restore Defaults” feature which is now more reliable and easy to use since it properly resets the game settings and gives you the control to keep or also reset keybinds (game controls).
New features in version 2.0 (2018-01-23)
- Removed both of old “Restore Defaults” features because many settings don’t have absolute defaults, but depend on system you’re running KF2 on.
- Added separate “Restore Keybinds Defaults” option to only reset keybinds to game default.
- Added new “Restore Defaults” which resets all settings back to your system defaults except keybinds.
- Added “Smooth Framerate” toggle
- Added “Instanced Rendering” toggle
- Added “Compute Bloom and SSAO” toggle
- Added “Combine Similar Mappings” toggle
- Added “System Memory Usage (RAM)” allowing you to dedicate more system memory (RAM) to KF2.
- Updated many settings descriptions
- Minor bug fixes