Because I’m lazy as fuck, I’ll try to make my short reviews even more compact. This will be my first attempt, but I might refine it even further over time 😀
- amazing presentation of alternate reality World War 2
- presentation of story through game is really interesting and engaging
- very engaging gameplay with stealth and/or mad Rambo “modes”
- skills force you to utilize more arsenal depending on what skills you want
- nostalgic original Wolfenstein 3D levels via Nightmare levels
- generally good graphics and audio
- has FOV controls
- stop taking my bloody weapons away all the freaking time!
- because of losing weapons every mission, most skills like extra throwing knives can’t even be used properly
- constantly getting stuck inside vents for no logical reason
- texture pop-in effect is infuriating
- game knows no anti-aliasing and refuses to accept from graphics driver control panel (had to use SweetFX SMAA to improve edges slightly)
- half an hour of stupid unskippable intro videos
Brilliant game gameplay, story and presentation wise that is somewhat ruined with technicalities like horrendous texture pop-in when looking around, complete lack of anti-aliasing, getting stuck inside vents into invisible barriers and god awful losing of weapons on every mission and every major incident during game. Would still highly recommend it because it’s still a very good shooter despite those negatives. A true successor to the original Wolfenstein 3D.