If you happen to be an ASUS RT-AC87U owner, check out this huge update for this awesome router. It brings security updates as well as really nice connectivity enhancements and tools like Traffic Analyzer to see what apps and protocols occupy available bandwidth as well as bunch of QoS enhancements for fastest possible connection.
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 188.8.131.52.378.9177 (2015-10-01)
– Updated TrendMicro security engine.
– Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
– Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis’ contribution.
– Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow
– Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow
– Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
– Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.
– RT-AC87U now supports Traffic analyzer.
– Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS –> QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client’s upload/ download bandwidth
– Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
– Modified the network map client status. When chick the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
– Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
– Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
– Web history and traffic analyzer can show device name.
– [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
– [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
– [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
– [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
– [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
– [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
– Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
– Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering –> Select USB device.
– Updated the 5G chipset driver to stabilize 5GHz connection.
– Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
– Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
– Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
– Show current control channel while value is auto.
– Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
– Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
– Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.
– Adjusted Adaptive QoS UI and easier to set top priority for gaming, media streaming or web surfing.
– Changed warning page style.
– Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.
– Fixed media server scanning issue.
– Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
– Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
– Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
– Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error