AVAST Software has “just” released a new build of avast! named R3. This is basically a 3rd “Service Pack” after original avast! 2015 release.
New features and Improvements in Avast 2015 R3:
- Grimefighter is now redone and called Cleanup.
– runs without need of reboot
– much faster
– runs on more devices (better compatibility)
- Improved Windows 10 compatibility
- Ability to check compatibility issues with other antivirus software
- Host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS): an installed software package which monitors a single host for suspicious activity by analyzing events occurring within that host
- StreamFilter with HTTPS scanning is now available also for Windows XP/Vista
- NG is not using Volume Shadow Copy Service anymore
Updated avast! 2015 Protection Tweaks:
Changes for the R3 release include adjustments to the newly introduced HIPS functionality which is set to “Monitor system for malware-like behavior” only with highest sensitivity. This should provide higher protection without annoying the user.